Free PTCB Syllabus Resources
PTCB Study TipsThe PTCE exam is for pharmacy technicians who work in a range of practice settings. In preparing for the PTCE, familiarity with the material contained in basic pharmacy technician training manuals or books may be helpful. These books should be readily available from your pharmacist or be in the pharmacy that you work.
If you do not already work in a pharmacy you will need too! Even working voluntarily can help, the more you immerse yourself with the pharmacy environment the better!
Your supervising pharmacist may also be helpful in designing a study plan and guiding you along the way.
PTCB Student AdviceMake sure you are comfortable with pharmacy math and dosage calculations as about 40% of the exam involves math. Other than that, if you know the top 150 to 200 drugs (brand names, generic names, and classes) you will be in really great shape as well.
There are also quite a lot of common sense type questions regarding technician duties. They pose a hypothetical situation and ask what you should do (or are allowed to do) as a technician. The main thing to remember with these types of questions is to avoid the answers where you would have to use "professional judgment" to perform the task.
5 Lucky Tips for the PTCB Exam
- Relax - although the pass rate is 70%, on average 75% of all people who take the exam pass first time. The 5% who fail, usually have really good reasons for not passing ie they did not have the correct resources, they had an adverse event which affected study performance, turned up late etc.
- Its not as hard as you think - we have purposely made PTCBExam harder than the exam you are taking, to make you just that little bit more prepared. If you have passed all the PTCBExam questions with a 70% average, should expect 80% on the actual exam.
- Get there on time - make sure you know where you are going, check the transport you are taking online print off a map or use a smart phone if you can.
- Hydration and nutrition - there are no real rules here for students, do not bring a four course meal, but do bring a bottle of non-fizzy water and a high in carbohydrate snack. This will mean you will keep hydrated and have an energy source to keep you going.
- The night before - get everything you need together in one place. All the id requirements, the correct stationary - pencil, calculator and pen. If you are unsure what you need check the PTCB website.
PTCB Exam Pass RateThe official statistics can be obtain from the official website. However, historically, the pass rate is about 3/4, 75% of students who take the exam pass first time. This gives you a good chance of success as you have made a really good first step by visiting this site.
Overall, this site, PTCBExam.com has a 95% pass rate with all students, so join today and give yourself the best chance for success!
Last modified: Wednesday, 26 January 2011, 07:26 PM